In Fall 2020, Normandale began the process or forming a new strategic plan by reviewing our mission, vision, and values, and announcing the Big 3 Strategic Goals. In the Fall of 2021, the mission, vision, and values were restated and approved, and building off of our strategic goals and extensive initiative implementation on campus, the Normandale Strategic Framework was announced. The Framework consists of the Big 3 Goals, measures for each of those goals, and 7 Key Strategies that support the Goals.
- to cultivate a welcoming college community
- to foster every student's talents
- to build an equitable world
Limitless human potential realized.
Normandale's core values:
We cultivate a college community where people feel a sense of belonging and connectedness. We recognize that people learn and work better when their needs are met and they feel safe. We have the courage to communicate with compassionate candor. We are a community of kindness and respect.
We nurture curious minds in our students and in our employees. We are genuinely curious about one another. Curiosity fuels our pursuit of learning and inspires us to find better ways of doing things. It drives us to ask good questions and to seek information to answer them. We are a community of curious people.
We work hard to achieve our mission and goals. We dedicate ourselves to meeting all our students where they are and helping them pursue their aspirations. We are conscientious stewards of the college's resources. We are a community that expects a lot of ourselves and takes pride and joy in our work.
Big 3 Goals
1.Achieve racial equity in educational outcomes by 2025
- Placement rates
- College level course completion rates
- Credits earned by 1st Spring
- Course Success
- *GPA (C or better)
- *Withdrawal rates
- *Warning rates
- *Suspension Rates
- Fall to Fall retention rates
- Completion rates
- Transfer rates
2. Achieve Associate Degree completion or baccalaureate transfer rate of 50% or better for degree seeking students by 2030
- Completion of Associates degree within 3 years
- Transfer to baccalaureate program within 3 years
3. Support and sustain a pervasive college culture that is culturally competent and service oriented.
- By 2023, every department will have readily accessible and regularly promoted customer service surveys, the results of which are part of the department's annual reporting (strategic planning and goal setting for beginning of the FY and year end reports).
- By 2025, all employees will have completed and be held to ongoing DEI mandatory training established by Normandale's E&I team. [pilot will be out to SIG in March]
- By December 2025, all employees will have completed at least one of either the IDI program or CRP as established and offered at Normandale.
- Biannual campus climate survey results will demonstrate increased proficiency and agreement with Normandale's progress towards its equity goals.
7 Key Strategies
- Provide holistic student support that meets students' basic, non-academic needs, allowing them to make academic progress and succeed in their Normandale journey.
- Sustain and continuously improve our approach to teaching and how we foster learning to support student equity, retention, and success at Normandale.
- Evaluate and continuously improve employee hiring and engagement practices to ensure a diverse employee body that is valued, engaged, and reflective of student body demographics.
- Provide ongoing, comprehensive professional development opportunities for employees designed to advance understanding, skills, and leadership to achieve equity goals, and a culturally competent (equity-minded) and service-oriented (student-ready) campus community.
- Evaluate campus spaces (physical and virtual) using an equity lens and current research to decenter whiteness and create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for historically marginalized students and employees.
- Evaluate and continuously improve all college policies and procedures to remove barriers for students, disrupt structural inequalities, and achieve racial equity for students and employees.
- Use data and equity frameworks to ensure systemic change.
Strategic Planning Timeline
The Current plan, the Normandale Strategic Framework, will be in effect until the end of Fall 2025. At that time a full assessment of the Framework, its outcomes, and processes will be conducted. In Spring 2026, work on a new strategic plan will begin with an aim to launch the new plan in Fall 2026.