How to Advertise Your Internship Opportunities with Normandale Students
Normandale uses College Central Network as its official Internship and Job Searching service. You can create an account with Normandale Community College and recruit only Normandale students, or you have the option to create one account with the Minnesota State Career Hub to access 14 Minnesota State Schools via Career Hub. Once you create a Career Hub account, you can access Normandale student and alumni and many more colleges within the Minnesota State system.
If you would like to ONLY access Normandale students and alumni, create your account and post opportunities here. This site will NOT work with the Career Hub. You must register your organization with our office prior to accessing these services. Once your registration is reviewed, if it is approved you will receive an email which includes a link to activate your account.
We also have infrequent job fairs and mock interview events; if you are interested in participating in a future event let us know.
What is expected of companies hosting Normandale internship students:
- Provide a position description that clearly outlines tasks, goals, timeline and hours necessary for success in the position. The position description should also outline details like the rate of pay, number of hours per week and duration of the position.
- Agree to provide at least one complete academic semester (12-15 weeks) of career-related experience to the student. Student learning is a priority in an internship as well as businesses getting support to meet their goals.
- Complete Normandale's Internship Site Agreement, once a student starts their internship. Our office will send this out.
- Provide ongoing supervision and training to ensure the student obtains the necessary tools to be successful.
- Provide feedback and communicate progress and areas for improvement throughout the term.
- Provide an evaluation of the student at the end of the term. Failure to complete the evaluation will negatively impact the student's grade for the internship course.
- Be aware of employment laws regarding unpaid internships- students in unpaid internships cannot be in a position that is otherwise paid in the company and cannot displace a paid employee. For a resource, please click here.
Click here for a guide to the Normandale internship program for businesses.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at (952) 358-8119.