STEM & Education
Departments in the Division of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) & Education strive to provide the best educational experiences possible for students at Normandale. Faculty members are dedicated to science and mathematics education which will -
- Prepare knowledgeable citizens who can apply the principles of science and mathematics in their lives.
- Prepare students for future careers in science and mathematics.
- Prepare future educators in mathematics and science.
- Four year teacher education partnership with Minnesota State University, Mankato in elementary education, special education and secondary mathematics teaching degree.
- Teachers of Tomorrow Club and annual Future Teachers Conference
- Minnesota Center of Excellence in Engineering and Manufacturing partnership with Minnesota State University Mankato, Alexandria Technical College, Anoka Technical College, Hennepin Technical College, the Northeast Higher Education District (Hibbing, Itasca, Rainy River, Vermillion and Mesabi Range Community Colleges) and South Central College.
Dean of STEM and Education
Cary Komoto, Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education
Joanne Morgan, Assistant to the Dean
Debra Carlson, Biology
Betsy Longley, Chemistry
Nancy Louwagie, Computer Technology, Engineering Technology, and Vacuum & Thin Film Technology
Linette Manier, Education
Paul Sabourin, Geography/Geology
Mark Ahrens, Mathematics/Computer Science
Julie Johnson, Physics, Engineering
Fine Arts Building, Room 1258
Normandale Community College
9700 France Avenue South
Bloomington, MN, 55431-4399
Summer Office Hours (June 1 - August 1):
Monday - Thursday, 10:00am - 4:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 - 12:00