Change Your ...

Student Information

Address | Major | Name | Social Security Number

Keeping your name and address current ensures that all relevant communications reach you in a timely manner.

^ top


If we attempt to contact you by mail and the communication is returned to the College, a hold will be placed on your record, preventing your registration until you update your address.

You may submit your address change to the Records Office via e-Services, by letter, or by using the Name and Address Change Form. Updating your address in Records will update your address campus-wide.

^ top


Students may declare any major offered at Normandale by submitting the Change of Major eForm to the Records Office. The Nursing, Dental Hygiene, and Dietetic Technology programs require special admission. These majors will be reflected on your record upon program acceptance.

It is important that students keep their major current on their Normandale record at all times.

The major that the student indicates on the Normandale application shall remain the student's major until the student graduates or changes it.

A student's chosen major will determine the courses for which a student can receive VA benefits and may also impact a student's financial aid eligibility. 

^ top

Name Changes

Submit a Name Change Form to the Records office with legal documentation that reflects both your previous and new names.

Examples of legal documentation include a marriage certificate, divorce decree, court authorization, or updated Social Security card. The Records Office will also accept copies of your new and old driver's licenses if accompanied by the DMV paperwork that documents the name change.

Changing your name at the Records Office will change it campus-wide. If you change your name during the semester, be sure to communicate the change with your instructors to assure you are properly graded at the end of the term.

^ top

Social Security Number

Students who plan to seek financial aid or veterans' benefits and those who plan to deduct their educational expenses from their federal taxes must furnish their Social Security number to the College. This information is elective for other students. Submitting your Social Security number assists you when you need to access your academic record in the future or when you request an enrollment or degree verification for a loan deferment, insurance eligibility, employment eligibility, or other reason.

The Records Office requires a copy of your Social Security card if you wish to add your Social Security number to your Normandale record.

^ top

Have a Question? Ask Us here.