Special Procedures for sending transcripts to another MnSCU Institution
Electronic transcript retrieval is now possible among all MnSCU institutions for students who are enrolled or seeking to enroll. As a result it is no longer necessary for most students to order transcripts to be sent to another MnSCU institution.
After you have determined there are no holds on your Normandale account, please ask staff at the receiving MnSCU institution [PDF]about their e-transcript retrieval procedures.
Only in some cases will you be asked to order your transcript.
Requesting an Official Transcript
Official transcripts are those printed on special paper that bear the college seal and the signature of the Registrar. Official transcripts are issued in a sealed envelope and are rendered unofficial once the seal on the envelope is broken. Some institutions will not accept a hand-delivered transcript as official; instead, it must be mailed directly from Normandale. You should check the policy of the receiving institution before you decide to hand-deliver your transcript.
You will need an official transcript if you are planning to transfer your classes to another college. You may also need an official transcript if you are registering with a state examination board, or when you apply for a scholarship or a job. In most cases, the requestor will tell you if the transcript must be official.
You can request your official transcripts in one of the following ways:
- Order it online through the National Student Clearinghouse (for each order, you will be required to submit a signed and dated consent form to the Clearinghouse before the transcripts are released).
Normandale has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide students with the option of ordering a transcript online. Students create a personal profile, submit their requests, pay by credit card, then print and sign the order consent form.
Once the Clearinghouse receives the consent form, Normandale processes the order.
Ordering transcripts online allows students to track the progress of their requests.
New electronic delivery option! When ordering through the Clearinghouse, you can elect to have your transcript sent electronically. This ensures fast delivery, sometimes as early as the day you request it. Plus, you will be notified when the recipient retrieves your transcript. Select "Electronic PDF" as your delivery option in the third step (Enter Recipient Details) of transcript ordering.
- Submit it to the College in person, by fax or by mail. Print our transcript request form or submit a letter of request with the following information:
- Your name
- Your Student ID number or Social Security number
- Your address and telephone number
- The address to which the transcript is to be sent
- Your signature
- The date of your request
- Payment for your transcripts (see Transcript Costs and Payment Options)
An unofficial transcript is a record of your Normandale enrollment, grades, credits earned, and your grade point average printed on plain white paper. You will need a copy for degree planning purposes. It is always a good idea to retain a copy for your personal files.
A copy of your academic record is available from the online registration E-Services web page by selecting Grades and Transcripts and then Academic Record.
You may obtain your unofficial transcript from the Records Office at no cost. We accept transcript requests by the following means:
- In person with photo identification.
- By mail or e-mail- (email@example.com), please include Social Security number or Student ID number and the mailing address, e-mail address or fax number to which the transcript is to be sent. Please sign and date your transcript request.
- By fax at (952) 358-8263 with Social Security number or Student ID number and the address or fax number to which the transcript is to be sent. Please sign and date your transcript request.
Transcript Costs and Payment Options
If ordering your transcript directly from Normandale:
- For transcripts sent within 5 business days after receipt of your request, the cost is $8 per transcript.
- For transcripts sent within one business day after receipt of your request (or delivered to you on demand during the Records and Business Offices' hours of service), the cost is $15 per transcript.
If ordering online (through the National Student Clearinghouse):
- For transcripts sent within 5 business days after receipt of your request, the cost is $5 per transcript, plus an additional fee of $2.25 per recipient.
- For transcripts sent within one business day after receipt of your request, the cost is $10 per transcript, plus an additional fee of $2.25 per recipient.
Normandale Community College accepts the following payment methods:
- Cash (in person requests only)
- Personal check
- Money order
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) Include your card number, month and year of expiration, and the amount you authorize your card to be charged.