What Qualifies as an Emergency?
To qualify for the Normandale Cares Emergency Grant, you must be experiencing a financial emergency - defined as an unforseen expense that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to the students departure from Normandale Community College and a loss of momentum toward completion.
Examples of unforseen expenses include, but are not limited to (All expenses must have documentation):
- assistance with rent (a late notice or copy of lease)
- backup childcare (a lette from childcare provider)
- car repair (mechanic's estimate)
- child care
- medical/dental expenses (medical bill)
- public transportation/bus pass
Normandale may not approve requests for the Normandale Cares Emergency Grant to cover non-emergency school expenses.
This includes, but is not limited to
- required tools/equipment