How to create persistent links in Science Direct
- Connect to the Science Direct database. (Note: If you are off campus, you will need to login with your StarID and password. Off-campus access instructions.)
- Perform your search and choose a full-text article.
- Click the article title to view a full record.
- Copy the DOI link (right-click the link, then select "Copy shortcut"). A digital object identifier (DOI) is guaranteed never to change, so you can use it to link permanently to electronis documents.
- Use the Proxy Link Converter to make the persistent link accessible from off campus to Normandale users or attach the following prefix: http://ndcproxy.mnpals.net/login?url=
If you will be posting the link to D2L Brightspace, please read about linking to library resources in D2L Brightspace.
Test! Copy and paste the new link into your browser address bar to make sure it works
(remove any spaces in the URL).
Need assistance? Ask a Librarian or call the Library at (952) 358-8290.