About Library Combined Search
- Library Combined Search brings together many article databases, online journals, and the Normandale Community College Library catalog. We offer Library Combined Search as a good place to start your research.
- Library Combined Search simplifies the process of finding information in the Library. It searches through a massive collection of books, scholarly journals, newspaper articles, e-books, dissertations, conference proceedings, and numerous academic databases. Rather than search for all of these things in separate databases, Library Combined Search lets you find them all at once, quickly and easily. Even better, it's tied directly to what is available through the Normandale Library, online or in print.
Library Combined Search retrieves citations from most of the library resources. Each citation includes a link to either the online version of the item or a link to a record that indicates where the item is located within the Normandale Library.
Resources included in Library Combined Search:
- All books, films, government documents, maps, sound recordings, and other material contained in the MnPALS Catalog.
- Articles from selected years of many, but not all, magazines, journals and newspapers to which the Normandale Community College Library subscribes.
Note: Using the "Add results beyond your library's collection" feature may add items not available from the Normandale Library. Normandale Community College students, faculty and staff may use the Normandale Library's Interlibrary Loan service to obtain these items.
Resources not accessible via Library Combined Search:
- Citations from research databases to which the Normandale Library subscribes, but are not participating in the Combined Search.
- Articles from magazines, journals and newspapers to which the Normandale Library subscribes, but are not participating in the Combined Search.
For more information about using Combined Search and Normandale Library's other resources: