Hospitality Pathways Grant Program
Hospitality Pathways Grant Program
Hospitality Pathways Grant Program Overview
- The length of the program is five months.
- The program pays for eight credits of college tuition and fees, textbooks, American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute's Guest Service Gold Certification, industry mentoring, employability skills training, and academic counseling.
- Hospitality Pathways meets on Tuesday evenings from 5:00 tp 9:00 p.m. Training runs August 16 through November 15 followed by a 150 hour industry internship.
- Program participants are required to attend a mandatory orientation/registration session at Normandale Community College on Tuesday, August 16th at 5:00 pm.
- All individuals need to complete an application form to be considered for acceptance into the program.
Hospitality Pathways Grant Program Description
Hospitality Pathways is a unique collaboration between Normandale Community College and HIRED. Funded by a grant from the Carlson Family Foundation with additional funding by the college, Hospitality Pathways is a two-semester academic and experiential training program designed to fast-track students into leadership positions in the hospitality, travel, and tourism industry!
- Eight college credits (tuition, fees and textbooks are funded)
- AHLA Guest Service Gold certification
- Coursework covers an overview of the hospitality and tourism industry (including lodging, food and beverage, attractions, transportation, and more!); skills needed to be a successful leader; industry mentors who assist students with their professional development; HIRED navigators who provide support, employability guidance, career exploration, and job placement assistance; and college advisors who assist students during their program and provide additional counseling on academic coursework.
- Internships that provide students a minimum of 150 hours in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Application deadline: August 1, 2016
- Classes: August 23 - November 15, 2016, Tuesdays 5 - 9 p.m.
- Internship: November 16, 2016 - January 9, 2017
Hospitality Pathways Grant Program Application Process
1. The application is four pages. All pages must be completed to be considered for acceptance into the program.
2. The first three pages is the Sector Initiative Training Application. Please write or type "Hospitality Pathways" after Sector Training near the top of the page and provide the requested information. Be sure to sign the form at the bottom of the third page.
3. The final page is the Sector Initiatives Training: Student Interest Form. Please complete the contact information at the top. Again, please write or type "Hospitality Pathways" after Sector Training. Below the contact information are eight questions and a request for an essay. The essay is very important and your application is not complete without it. Be sure to address each question listed on the form. When you are finished, print out your essay or save it as an electronic document (e.g. Word file) to attach you your submission.
4. Completed applications can be faxed or emailed to HIRED's Sector Initiatives Team: Fax to (952) 697-1409 or email to email@example.com.
5. Applications are due by August 1, 2016.
For more information and/or to apply, contact Todd Erickson at todd.erickson@HIRED.org or by phone at (952)-697-1317. Completed applications can also be sent to Todd Erickson at HIRED-St. Louis Park office, 8800 Highway 7, Suite 401, St. Louis Park, MN 55426.
There are no prerequisites or requirements for this program.