Welcome to the concurrent enrollment program at Normandale Community College! Our focus is to provide students with rigorous academic courses taught by highly qualified high school instructors, all in a familiar high school environment. Through navigating our website you can find answers to your questions about concurrent enrollment classes and being a Normandale student. Welcome to the journey!
What is Concurrent Enrollment?
Concurrent enrollment refers to a course where qualified students earn both high school and college credit for a course, taught by a high school teacher who has been approved to teach the college class. This program enables students to take challenging, college-level courses in high school, strengthen the transition from high school to college, and earn college credits that can then be transferred to Normandale and to many colleges and universities nation wide.
Student benefits of taking concurrent courses include:
- Earn college credit
- Save money
- Get the college experience in a high school setting
- Develop college-level study habits and time-management skills
- Experience college expectations and academic rigor
- Save time and gain flexibility
- Build confidence in the ability to succeed in college