Hotel Operations Certificate - 20 credits
Why Choose a Hotel Operations Certificate?
A Hotel Operations Certificate will help you have the skills to ensure that an establishment is run efficiently and profitably, and that you also have the knowledge to create a pleasant atmosphere and quality experience at a hotel, motel, or other types of establishment with accommodations.
The Hotel Operations Certificate includes topics such as:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Hotel Lodging Management and Operations
- Food/Beverage Management and Cost Control
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing Management
Normandale's Hospitality Management Program is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Careers in Hotel Operations
Projected Job Growth
According to ISeek.org, job growth will be about 10.4%.
There will be a need for about 390 new Lodging Managers to meet market demand between 2010 and 2020.
This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth.
Types of Jobs
Job title examples for tourism operations and managers include:
- General managers
- Revenue managers
- Front-office managers
- Convention service managers
Average State PayAccording to ISeek.org, the average salary in the state of Minnesota for a Lodging Manager is $47,050.
The Hotel Operations Certificate will prepare you for a number of different areas to help successfully run a hotel, motel, or other type of establishment with accommodations.
Other Hospitality Degrees & Certificates
- Casino Operations & Management Certificate
- Food & Beverage Management Certificate
- Golf Enterprise Management Certificate
- Tourism Operations & Management Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science in Hospitality Management
- Hotel Marketing & Sales Certificate
You May Also Like
Certificates in Hospitality and Tourism may be completed by students working towards an AAS in Hospitality Management. The certificates are also appropriate for students looking to gain knowledge in the hospitality and tourism industry, to either change careers or obtain leadership skills towards a promotion within the industry. At least one-third of the credits required for these certificates must be completed at Normandale.
Required Courses - 20 credits
|HSMA 1103||Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management||4|
|HSMA 1162||Hotel/Lodging Management and Operations||4|
|HSMA 2096||Hospitality Management Internship||2-4|
|or HSMA 2097||Senior Hospitality Internship||4|
|or HSMA 2098||International Internship||4|
|HSMA 2144||Food/Beverage Management and Cost Control||4|
|HSMA 2172||Hospitality Sales and Marketing Management||4|
Other Certificate Requirements
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for college-level coursework (courses numbered 1000 and above) completed at Normandale.
- Earn at least one third of the required certificate credits from Normandale.