Service Learning Steps, Fall 2019
Step 1: Choose a Community Partner
- The handout for your class has the options your professor pre-approved for your class.
- If you want to do your service-learning at a place not on your class handout get your professor's approval.
Step 2: Apply with the Community Partner
- Follow the "How to Apply" steps on the partner descriptions on your service-learning handout or online (under "Key Partners for Service-Learning")
- If you do an application or contact them by email or phone tell the partner that you are a Normandale service-learning student and the number of hours you need to complete.
Step 3: Register Online
- Deadline to Do Steps 1-3: Wednesday, Sept. 18th, 2019. Only do the Service-Learning Registration if you have already completed Steps #1 and #2 (above).
- Click the button below to fill out the registration form:
- IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 - Submit the Service-Learning Registration Form online. Also print out the Waiver of Liability. Get a parent/guardian signature on the printed waiver form. Send a photo or PDF of the signed waiver form to email@example.com.
Step 4: Complete and Submit Your Service Hours
- Deadline to Submit Service-Learning Hours: Wed. December 4th, 2019.
- All service-learning hours are submitted to the Center for Experiential Education.
- Community partners should email hours confirmations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a signed timesheet or hours documentation on letterhead from the community partner email a photo or PDF to email@example.com. If you are unable to submit your hours electronically please contact the Center for Experiential Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We send your professor a report of the service-learning hours within 3 business days after the hours deadline.