Service Learning Registration
Service-Learning Check-list, Fall 2018
Step 1: Choose a Community Partner
- For more information look on the Experiential Education website under "Courses for Service-Learning" and "Key Partners for Service-Learning."
- If your desired community partner site is not listed for your Course, it must be approved by your instructor.
Step 2: Apply with the Community Partner
- Follow the "How to Apply" steps on the partner descriptions on your service-learning handout or online (under "Key Partners for Service-Learning")
- Inform the partner that you are a Normandale service-learning student and about the number of hours you need to complete.
- Fill out the partner's application (if required).
- Set up a training time and a schedule for your service hours. Make sure your schedule works with the partner's needs and that you're able to complete the required hours before the deadline.
Step 3: Register Online
Deadline to Register Online: Wednesday, Sept. 19th, 2018. This date may vary by program or course so please check your syllabus to confirm this hours deadline.
Click the button below to fill out the registration form:
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 - When registering online, print out the waiver form, then click "Submit". Get a parent/guardian signature on the printed waiver form and return the waiver to C1066.
Step 4: Complete and Submit Your Service Hours
- Complete the number of hours required by your professor and by the partner.
Deadline to Turn in Service-Learning Hours: Wednesday, Dec. 5th, 2018. This date may vary by program or course so please check your syllabus to confirm this hours deadline. Must be emailed from the organization.
To submit your hours the Community Partner must EMAIL a confirmation of your completed service hours to the Center for Experiential Education: firstname.lastname@example.org (must be sent from an organization email address and include your total hours) OR you can turn in paper documentation of your hours to C1066 (must be on letterhead or Normandale timesheet, signed by your site supervisor, and detail the total hours).