Each day at Living Well Disability Services we partner with people with disabilities to realize their goals and potential in communities throughout the Greater Twin Cities metro area. Living Well Disability Services serves nearly 300 people in their family or own homes, and in our 33 residential settings. We are dedicated to supporting health in mind, body and spirit through our ‘culture of wellness’.
- Wellness Ally: There are a variety of ways we all like to spend time in meaningful activities that enhance well-being. You can bring your unique talents in one of these areas to an individual or small group in one of our homes for recreation and overall wellbeing. Just a few hours can make an invaluable difference in a person’s enjoyment of life. Ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Music – play an instrument, sing
- Animals – dog walking, pet visits
- Gardening & Nature – veggie plots and flower pots, birdwatching, rock collecting
- Arts & crafts – painting, clay, jewelry, holiday decorations
- Exercise & movement – walking, biking, (in & out doors),weights, stretching, gym partner
- Relaxation – mindfulness exercises, sensory techniques
How to apply:
Contact Kathy Anderson, email@example.com or 651-242-5141 to begin application process. Volunteers are required to complete a background check.