Normandale's behavioral intervention team (bit)
Call 911 if there's an imminent threat to anyone's personal safety or an emergency is in progress
To help maintain a safe learning environment. The Care Team is charged with monitoring and responding to students who may be a potential risk to themselves or to others.
- To repond to concerning student behaviors by bringing together multiple sources of campus information, forming a more complete picture of a student's behavior, and determining options.
- To communicate with the campus community on how we can identify students in need of extra support and connect them to the correct resources.
- To foster a culture of support and care for all students and employees
Types of behavior to refer to the Care Team
- Demonstrating disruptive or disturbing behavior, especially if it's getting worse or not changing after an attempt to intervene
- Showing dramatic changes in appearance, behavior or weight
- Making disturbing comments in conversation, e-mail, letters, social media postings or papers
- Experiencing dramatic mood shifts
- Acting paranoid or suspicious
- Frequently angry or easily frustrated
Click HERE to access the Student Referral Form
What happens once you submit the referral form?
- You will receive an electronic confirmation the report has been submitted
- You will be contacted to confirm receipt of the referral and you may be asked to share additional information about the situation
- Your report will be reviewed and an action plan developed. In most cases, the plan will include a formal investigation into the situation. The Dean, or a representative, may meet with the student of concern and any potential witnesses indicated in the report