Career Development Entails Several Steps
- Self assessment - check out our Free or Low Cost Online Career Assessments
- Exploring careers
- Exploring educational and training options
- Creating a plan and setting goals
A good resource for researching the above steps is the GPS Life Plan.
See a counselor or advisor for assistance.
Follow the recommended Career Planning Steps for the freshman and sophomore years of classes.
Research other helpful websites about career exploration.
Links to other websites
- O*NET - Occupational information from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- i-seek - Career, education, business, and employment information for Minnesota.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Descriptions of over 260 jobs compiled by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- College Board - The college search and choosing a major.
- CareerOneStop - An education and career resource from the U.S. Department of Labor.