Appeals & Academic Concerns
Normandale provides petition and appeal processes for students whose circumstances cannot be resolved following normal college procedure.
Students may submit appeals for the following circumstances to:
- Drop or withdraw from classes after the deadline
- Obtain a refund of tuition after the deadline
- Be charged in-state tuition if classified initially as a non-resident of Minnesota
- Be waived of a placement test requirement or course prerequisite
- Be waived of an academic requirement or to have another course substituted for an academic requirement
- Have transfer credit accepted after the initial review
- Have a final class grade reviewed due to a perceived error in calculation or departure from the syllabus
- Be allowed to enroll in classes after academic or disciplinary suspension
- Be eligible to receive financial aid after financial aid suspension (if the student is otherwise eligible)
- Have prior coursework excluded from credit and GPA calculations through Academic Renewal
- Seek resolution for other academic concerns.
Visit the Advising and Counseling Department or the Records Office in person for information about the procedures for submitting appeals and petitions.