Follow our step-by-step checklist to get started at Normandale.
1. Apply for Admission
Let us know about your military service or veteran status on your application.
Use the promo code VETS to waive our $20 application fee. Go here to get started.
2. Submit Official Transcripts
- Contact your previous colleges/universities to request official transcripts to be sent to Normandale. The Admissions Office will retrieve transcripts from other Minnesota State institutions on your behalf.
Recipient adddress for mailed transcripts:
Normandale Community College
9700 France Ave S
Bloomington, MN 55431
Recipient address for electronic transcripts:
- Request an official copy of your military transcript to be sent to Normandale.
Air Force - http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp
Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard (Joint Services Transcript) https://jst.doded.mil/
3. Apply for VA Education Benefits
Whether you are new to VA education benefits or have used them at another school, get started on the application process now so your benefits are ready by the start of the semester.
Go here to get started.
4. Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Applying for financial aid is recommended for all student, even when VA benefits or other military funding cover your school expenses. Learn more about Normandale's financial aid process here.
5. Consider Other Funding Sources
Benefits? Yes. Financial Aid? Yes. More money for college? Definitely! Go here to get started.
After you are admitted...
You will be directed to complete action steps like:
- Schedule Placement Testing
- Schedule New Student Advising & Registration
- Submit a Tuition Deferment & Payment Agreement in order to utilize your VA benefits or military funding
- Meet with the Veterans Advisor & School Certifying Official. If you are new to Normandale or are applying for benefits the first time, it is recommended that you make an appointment by calling 952-358-8261.