The Make-up Testing Center provides a place for Normandale Community College students to make up tests.
Make-up tests are given in room L2740 (new room number, same location). When you enter the library, turn immediately to your right. The door in the corner (next to the copiers) will lead you directly into room L2740. Arrangements for make-up testing are between the student and the instructor.
Testing is done on a walk-in basis during testing hours. No appointment is necessary. Please allow enough time to finish your test before the testing room closes.
You MUST have a photo ID (Normandale student ID or driver's license) in order to make-up a test.
Testing hours for SPRING 2018 (Jan 8-May 11)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and non-class days: 1/15, 2/19, 3/5-3/9, 3/20.
- Make-up testing is a part-time service. There are limited seats and limited times for testing. For any one quiz or test, a limit of ten will be accepted in make-up testing. Exceptions must be discussed with the director prior to submitting tests.
- Finals week testing is intended for final exams. Make-up tests and quizzes should be completed by the last day of classes.
- Make-up testing is not to be used as the primary testing option for online courses.
- Any students involved in academic dishonesty or disruptive behaviors will have their tests taken from them. They will lose the privilege of using make-up testing for the remainder of that semester and the following one. Appeals of this decision can be made to the director of Academic Support Services.
- Students with any subsequent instances of academic dishonesty will be referred to the Dean of Students.
From the Normandale student handbook:
"All Normandale students are required to understand and comply with College rules and regulations governing personal conduct on campus. Violations of such rules and regulations for which students are subject to disciplinary action include but are not limited to the following: 1. Academic dishonesty - cheating, plagiarism or aiding and abetting another person in cheating or plagiarism."
- Students must present photo identification in order to take a test.
- The buff-colored "Make-Up Testing Authorization" forms are available in the Make-up Testing room, L2740, or from the faculty mailbox areas. These forms should be filled out completely and legibly, one for each student. Tests should be placed in a "Make-up Testing" envelope with the form attached with a paperclip to the outside of the envelope.
- Tests can be brought directly to the testing room, L2740, during testing hours. There is a drop box located on the wall directly inside the testing room for tests dropped off during non-testing hours. The testing room door is unlocked when the Library is open.
- Completed tests and those with expired deadlines will be delivered to instructors' mailboxes each day.
- If you have questions about make-up testing, please email TestingCenter@normandale.edu.
- If you have questions about testing for the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD), please contact the OSD office at 358-8625 or email OSD@normandale.edu.